community recipe added Nov 14, 2010 7:28:33 AM byJoelen
|nonstick cooking spray|
|4||beets||scrubbed, do not peel|
|to taste||kosher salt|
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Using the slicing blade of your food processor, a mandoline or a sharp knife, slice beets thinly. You want them to be the size of a potato chip.
3. Spread evenly on a cookie sheet, spray with nonstick spray and season with salt.
4. Roast 45 minutes to 1 hour, turning halfway through, until crisp. Check often to make sure they don't burn. You may need to roast for a shorter or longer period of time depending on your oven and how crisp you want them - so keep an eye on them.
5. Serve as is, or with sour cream or another favorite dip.