community recipe added Sep 5, 2010 4:05:11 AM byCalamity Kate
Source Calamity Kate
Preparation Time1 hour 15 minutes
|1/4 teaspoon||ground ginger|
|1/8 teaspoon||ground cloves|
|1/2 teaspoon||pumpkin pie spice|
|3/4 teaspoon||ground nutmeg|
|1/2 teaspoon||baking soda|
|1 1/2 teaspoon||ground cinnamon|
|1/2 teaspoon||baking powder|
|1 1/2 cups||all-purpose flour|
|2 large, if you double this add 1 additional egg for a total of 5 eggs for extra protein||eggs|
|1 teaspoon||almond extract|
|2 teaspoons||Vanilla Extract|
|2/3 cup||vegetable oil|
|1 cup packed||brown sugar|
|1 large, I had 1 3/4 cup with 2 medium zucchinis||zucchini|
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
2. Prepare the muffin tins with cooking spray or cupcake liners and set aside. I love these wonderful unbleached chlorine-free cupcake liners.
3. Grate zucchini with skin on for the wonderful green color, but if you are hiding the healthiness of this muffin, you can remove the green peal before grating the zucchini. Using a box grater, grate the zucchini in the larger holes and set aside. In a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer, whisk together the sugars, oil, vanilla and almond extracts and eggs.
4. In a small bowl, sift together flour, baking soda and baking powder, and spices. Add the flour mixture to the egg mixture and mix well. Add in the zucchini.
5. Pour batter into the prepared cupcake liners or muffin pans. I used between 1/4 and 1/3 cup batter for each cupcake. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 35 to 40 minutes. Cool on a rack and frost when total cool, at least 1 hour.