recipe added Sep 26, 2010 2:47:58 AM byMarieAlice
Source The English Kitchen
|9 ounces, softened||unsalted butter|
|6 1/4 ounces||plain flour|
|9 1/2 ounces||caster sugar|
|6 1/2 ounces||rolled oats|
|9 ounces, fresh or frozen||blueberries|
|1 cup||blueberry jam|
|1 tbsp||balsamic vinegar|
|2 1/2 tbsp||cornflour|
|for serving||creme fraiche|
1. Begin by making the crust. Pre-heat the oven to 180*C/350*F. Place 6 ounces of the butter in a saucepan and melt. Whisk together the flour, 4 3/4 ounces of the sugar and 2 1/2 ounces of the oats. Stir this mixture into the melted butter, stirring well to completely combine. Press the dough into a 10 inch tart tin with a removable bottom. Bake in the pre-heated oven for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside.
2. To make the topping, melt the remaining butter in a large saucepan. Whisk in the remaining oats and sugar. Mix together well, and then set aside while you make the filling.
3. To make the filling, gently stir together the blueberries, jam and balsamic vinegar, mixing well. Stir in the cornflour. Pour this mixture into the oat pastry case.
4. Sprinkle the topping evenly over top and then place the tart onto a baking tray. Bake in the heated oven for 25 to 30 minutes, until the filling is bubbling and the topping is golden brown.
5. Remove from the oven to a wire rack to cool. Remove the side from the pan before serving. Serve cut into slices with some creme fraiche for spooning over if desired.