recipe added Nov 15, 2010 11:35:52 PM byzibi
Source Fresh Slow Cooking
Preparation Time~6 hours
|1 tsp||ground black pepper|
|1 tsp||ground cardamon|
|2 tsp||ground coriander|
|1 tsp||ground cinnamon|
|2 tsp||ground curry||medium|
|3 tbsp||grapeseed oil||(or vegetable oil)|
|3 cups||sweet potato||diced (about 1/2 inch)|
|1 1/2 cups||onion||chopped|
|1 1/2 cups||green beans||chopped (about 1 inch)|
|2 cups||eggplant||diced (about 1/2 inch)|
|1 can (14.5 oz)||tomatoes||diced|
|1 can (15 oz)||chickpeas||drained and rinsed|
|1 tbsp||tomato paste|
|1 1/4 cups||water|
|1 tsp||chili pepper flakes|
|1/4 cups||coconut milk|
1. Toast the spices in a skillet over medium-high heat until fragrant, (1 minute), and set aside.
2. Heat 3 tablespoons oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in the potato and onion and cook for about 10 minutes, until the potato edges begin to brown. If onion begins to burn, reduce heat to medium.
3. In the mean time, add the chopped green beans, eggplant, tomatoes, chick peas, tomato paste and water to the slow cooker.
4. Add the garlic, ginger and chilli pepper flakes to skillet with potato and onion, and cook until fragrant. Stir into the mixture for about 1 minute. Pour the mixture in the slow cooker.
5. Add the toasted spices and stir well.
6. Cook for 4-5 hours on low.
7. Stir in a ¼ cup of coconut milk and heat on high for 20 minutes.
8. Stir and serve over rice.