recipe added Mar 3, 2010 8:23:16 PM byJill
Preparation Time2 hours + rise time
Serves1 medium loaf
|1 cup boiled and mashed||potato|
|2 and 1/2 cup||flour|
|1 and 1/2 teaspoon||yeast|
|1 teaspoon||white sugar|
1. Skin the potatoes and boil them until they are fork tender. Mash them while they are still warm, then set them aside. If you don't let them cool, the next few steps are easier.
2. Mix together the dry ingredients for the bread, then add the milk. Knead this until it forms a coherent dough.
3. Add the potatoes and the butter. If the potatoes are still warm, they will melt the butter, making this step much more simple. Knead this until it forms a loose, wet dough.
4. Allow this bread to rise in the refrigerator over night.
5. Put bread in an oiled loaf pan, bake at 400 degrees until golden brown.