recipe added Mar 3, 2010 8:23:16 PM byJill
Preparation Time2-3 hours
|approx. 12||lasagna noodles|
|1 cup, diced||firm tofu|
|1 cup, diced||zucchini|
|1/2 cup, diced||yellow onion|
|1 cup, diced||summer squash|
|4-6 cloves, smashed||garlic|
|1 can, diced||canned tomato|
|1 teaspoon||dried oregano|
|1 teaspoon||dried basil|
|1/4 teaspoon||dried rosemary|
|1/4 teaspoon||dried thyme|
|1-2 cups||mozzarella cheese shredded|
|2-3 tablespoons||olive oil|
1. Boil lasagna noodles separately, lay on oven tray when done.
2. Saute the onion in the olive oil at medium heat until translucent.
3. Add the zucchini and summer squash, sauteing until soft, roughly 7 minutes.
4. Add tofu and tomatoes, along with all spices. Add 1/3 cup water and allow to simmer until thickened, stirring occasionally.
5. Turn off heat and allow mixture to cool until it is comfortable to handle.
6. Place around 1/4 to 1/3 cup of the filling onto one end of a lasagna noodle and spread until it coats about 2/3 of the noodle in a layer less than half an inch thick.
7. Sprinkle shredded mozzarella onto the filling to your liking, then roll the noodle gently starting at the filled end. The end uncovered by filling will stick to the rest of the noodle, forming a loose seal.
8. These may be placed in a baking dish and baked, or frozen individually and served as needed.