|2 teaspoons||baking powder|
|2 cups||granulated white sugar|
|1 tablespoon||Vanilla Extract|
|6 egg white or 3 whole eggs||egg whites||Whites for fluffier texture, whole for denser texture|
|1 cup||condensed milk|
|2 1/4 cups||flour|
|1 1/2 sticks||Butter|
1. 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and/or flour 2 cake pans.
2. 2. Beat together milk, eggs and vanilla.
3. 3. Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in another bowl and cut in the butter until it resembles crumbs and is well incorporated. (Like making pie/biscuit dough).
4. 4. Add 1/2 of milk mixture to crumbs and beat for 1 minute. Add remaining mixture and beat for another 30 seconds at low speed, then one additional minute on high.
5. 5. Divide batter evenly and bake about 25 minutes. Don't wait for the cake to rise, because it won't. This particular cake turns out generally flat because of the dense quality of ingredients, depending on what you used.
6. 6. Let cake cool down until it's room temperature, atleast. Frost as desired. I find that the top tends to be flatter, so I put the tops of the cake towards the middle when stacking the layers.