recipe added Jan 7, 2011 3:19:03 PM byzibi
Great for warming up after adventuring in the crisp winter air. The scent of leeks and roasted garlic in the kitchen made us realize the appetite we had worked up. This soup smells almost as good as it tastes. Read More...
Source Fresh Slowcooking
|4 cups||chicken||or vegetable broth|
|6 tbsp||unsalted butter|
|2 lbs (5 medium-sized)||Yukon Gold Potatoes||peeled diced (1-inch)|
|11 cups (4-5 pounds)||leeks||chopped|
|2 tbsp||fresh parsley|
|3 sprigs||fresh thyme|
1. Cut off roots and tough dark green portion of leeks, leaving white portion and about 3 inches of light green. Slice in half lengthwise and chop into 1-inch sections.
2. Add potatoes, butter and leeks, chicken stock and water to the slow cooker. Stir in the garlic, thyme and bay leaves. Make sure the leeks are submerged.
3. Cook on low for 4 hours, or high setting for 2 hours.
4. Remove sprigs of thyme and bay leaves. Puree in blender or food processor.
5. Garnish with parsley, sprinkle with salt and pepper.