recipe added Aug 10, 2011 10:22:27 PM byDaniel Bingham
Preparation Time~1 hour
|3 medium to large||potato||peeled and diced|
|3 cups||vegetable broth||or chicken broth (I used bullion)|
|8 tbsp (1 stick)||Butter|
1. Melt the butter in a medium to large soup pot.
2. Cook the leeks in the butter until they are soft and tender. A few of them should be beginning to caramelize. This will take 15 to 20 minutes.
3. Add the diced potatoes and mix thoroughly with the leeks. Let them cook in the butter, stirring occasionally for about 5 to 10 minutes. Don't worry if some of the starch burns to the bottom of the pan (but don't let too much do that).
4. Add 3 cups of broth (I used water and mixed in some bullion cubes). Stir into the leeks and potatos. Allow to simmer for 10 to 20 minutes. Or until the potatoes are starting to fall apart.
5. In a food processor in batches blend the soup until it is smooth. Serve and enjoy!