community recipe added May 18, 2012 4:41:54 PM byJoy
Source Simply in Season by Mary Beth Lind and Cathleen Hockman-Wert
|1 large clove||garlic|
|7 tbsp||dry sherry|
|2 1/2 cups||shiitake mushrooms|
|1 cup||plain yogurt|
1. In a large pot, boil water for the pasta with a little bit of salt. When the water reaches a roiling boil, add the pasta.
2. While the water is boiling, melt the butter in a large skillet over the medium heat. Add the mushrooms, onions and salt and cook for 10 minutes or so.
3. Add the sherry, reduce the heat and then gradually stir in the flour. Keep stirring until the flour has all dissolved.
4. Add the garlic and pepper and let simmer over low heat for 5 - 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Add the water and the yogurt and mix thoroughly into the sauce. Serve over the pasta.