community recipe added May 21, 2012 3:22:30 PM bybethhemmila
Sometimes I see a vegetarian recipe that interests me, but I don't dive in because I see a lot of cooking involved, several time consuming processes, and more ingredients then I have in the kitchen. Many times I can reduce it to my staple raw ingredients and no cooking necessary. That's what happened when Read More...
Source Inspired by George Vutetaki's recipe
Preparation Time30 minutes
Serves1 to 2
|1 1/2 teaspoons||fresh basil|
|1/2 tablespoon||Green Onion||chopped|
|1/2 cup||seedless cucumber||peeled chopped|
|1 tablespoon||lemon juice|
|1||clove fresh garlic|
|3/8 cup||olive oil|
|1 tablespoon||olive oil|
|2 tablespoons||fresh basil|
|1/2 cup||raw walnuts|
|2 tablespoons||Green Onion||chopped|
|1 or 2 cloves||fresh garlic|
|1 bunch||Collard greens||washed, dried, and stems removed|
|1/2 cup||raw pecans|
|Assorted||red pepper, cucumber, mushrooms, celery, tomatoes|
|1/8 teaspoon||cayenne pepper|
1. Add all the filling ingredients (pecans, walnuts, Tamari, 1 or 2 cloves of garlic, 1 tablespoon olive oil, 2 tablespoons green onion, 2 tablespoons basil) to a food processor fitted with an S blade and pulse until it has a smooth paste-like consistency.
2. Place all dressing ingredients (3/8 cup olive oil, lemon juice, cucumber, salt, cayenne, 1 clove garlic, 1/2 tablespoon green onion, 1 1/2 teaspoons basil), in a blender and process until it's smooth and creamy.
3. Take one half of a cleaned collard green leaf with the stem removed and spread some of the pecan filling across the entire length. You don't need to spread the filling very thick.
4. Drizzle some dressing over the top of the filling on the leaf and use your knife to spread it evenly over the top.
5. Slice up additional vegetables such as red pepper, cucumber, and mushrooms. Layer the vegetables lengthwise across the collard green leaf near the widest end.
6. Roll up the collard leaf starting at the wider end and moving towards the tip.
7. Serve pecan wraps with sliced vegetables on the side and extra dressing in a dish for dipping.