recipe added Aug 29, 2010 8:22:58 AM byDaniel Bingham
Preparation Time~1 hour
|1 cup, steamed||rice|
|8 medium sized, chopped into small pieces||fresh tomato|
|10 to 15, stems removed and split into slices||straw mushrooms|
|5 or 6, sliced into small pieces||scallions|
|8 to 10 cloves, roughly diced||fresh garlic|
|1 square (8 oz), cut into small rectangular pieces||tofu|
|2 large handfuls of leaves, picked and washed||fresh thai basil|
|2-3 tbsp||vegetable oil|
1. Boil the rice first and while it is boiling, prepare the mushrooms, scallions, garlic, tofu and tomatoes.
2. When the rice has finished boiling, place the tomatoes, and garlic into a pot with the oil and some water over high heat.
3. Stir the tomatoes often, crushing the tomatoes with the spatula. Once the sauce begins to thicken and look distinctly sauce-like, add the mushrooms, the tofu and the scallions.
4. Allow the sauce to thicken to your desired thickness, then finely chop the basil and add it to the sauce. Give it a minute or two more and remove it from the heat.
5. Serve over rice and enjoy!