recipe added Sep 8, 2010 8:12:43 AM byMarieAlice
Source The English Kitchen
|1 package||ready rolled all butter puff pastry|
|4 medium sized ripe ones||tomato|
|1 small packet||dry cured black olives|
|1 small packet||grated mixed Italian cheeses|
|4 tbsp, good quality||pesto sauce|
1. Pre-heat the oven to 200*C/400*F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
2. Unroll your pastry and cut it into 4, six inch rounds. Place the rounds onto the parchment paper lined baking sheets, leaving about 2 to 3 inches between them.
3. Spread the pesto onto the rounds, leaving a 1/2 inch border all around.
4. Slice the tomatoes into wedges and lay them in a round on top of the pesto.
5. Scatter the olives over top along with the cheese.
6. Brush some beaten egg on the edges of each tart.
7. Place into the heated oven and bake from 15 to 20 minutes, until they are nicely browned and crisp on the bottom. Serve warm or at room temperature.