recipe added Nov 30, 2010 12:17:02 AM byJess
Preparation Time1 hour
|1 1/4 cup||flour|
|2 tsp||white sugar|
|1/4 tsp||Vanilla Extract|
|4 oz||semi sweet baking chocolate||melted|
|2 cups||Fresh Strawberries||stems removed|
|1 T||corn starch|
1. Make the crust. Use a pastry blender to cut the butter, flour, sugar, and vanilla together until if forms a ball.
2. Once blended, kneed the dough a lightly floured surface about ten times. Flatten dough and press into tart dish, leave the rim a little thicker than the rest. Prick with crust with a fork several times to prevent air bubbles.
3. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes until it starts to brown. Let cool.
4. Spread the melted chocolate over the crust. Place Strawberries face down around the tart. Spoon cooled glaze over tart to coat the strawberries
5. To make glaze: Bring the half cup of water to a boil. Add 1/2 cup of strawberries, mashed. If the strawberries are tart or lacking in flavor, add 2 Tbs of sugar. Mix the corn starch with a little water and then add to the strawberry mixture. Bring back to a boil and then stir for 1 minute. Remove from heat and let cool.