recipe added Jan 7, 2011 3:29:59 PM byzibi
This slow cooker pulled pork is full of flavour. It’s drenched in a South Carolina Mustard BBQ sauce that packs some heat. Give this recipe a try, it won’t disappoint. Read More...
Source Fresh Slowcooking
|2 tbsp||white sugar|
|1 tsp||cayenne pepper|
|2 tbsp||black pepper|
|1/4 cup||Worcestershire sauce|
|1/4 cup||brown sugar|
|5 lbs||pork butt||(shoulder)|
|1/2 cup||apple cider vinegar|
|1 tsp||chili powder|
|1 cup||yellow mustard|
|2 tbsp||louisiana hot sauce|
|2 tsp||liquid smoke|
1. Heat a skillet to medium-high.
2. Trim excess fat from the pork and pat dry.
3. Combine the black pepper, paprika, salt, cayenne and 2 tbsp of white sugar in a small bowl. Rub the pork with the spice mixture.
4. In the skillet, brown the pork on all sides. About 3-4 minutes per side.
5. Whisk together the mustard, liquid smoke, apple cider vinegar, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp black pepper and chili powder.
6. Place the browned pork into the slow cooker and pour the sauce over top.
7. Cook on low setting for 6-8 hours, or high setting for 3-4 hours.
8. Transfer the pork to a plate and shred using two forks.
9. Skim excess fat from surface of sauce.
10. Whisk the sauce and stir the pork into it.
11. Serve on a bun, in a wrap or over rice (or other grain).