community recipe added May 31, 2011 6:31:18 PM byDaniel Bingham
Source Simply in Season by Mary Beth Lind and Cathleen Hockman-Wert
Serves10 - 12 scones
|4 tsp||baking powder|
|1 cup||walnuts||or other nuts|
|3 1/2 cups||flour|
|1/2 cup||maple syrup|
1. Preheat the oven to 425F. In a large mixing bowl, mix the flour, nuts baking powder and salt.
2. Cut the butter into the mix in the bowl. It should eventually become large and course crumbles.
3. Add the milk and maple syrup. Stir until it becomes a soft dough.
4. Knead the dough five or six times.
5. On a sheet of wax paper roll the dough until it is about a half inch thick and seven inches in diameter.
6. Cut the round into 10 to 12 wedges of equal size and place them on a greased baking sheet.
7. Bake in the oven for 15 - 18 minutes or until golden.