community recipe added May 31, 2011 6:49:53 PM byDaniel Bingham
Source Simply in Season by Mary Beth Lind and Cathleen Hockman-Wert
|1/3 cup||green onions||chopped|
|1 cup||carrots||thinly sliced|
|2 cups||chicken broth||or vegetable broth|
|2-3 tbsp||lemon juice||fresh, if available|
|1/2 cup||watercress||or spinach, torn|
|2-4 tbsp||parsley||fresh, chopped|
|1 tbsp||olive oil|
1. In a soup pot over high heat sautee the garlic in the olive oil until golden brown. It should take about a minute.
2. Add the carrots and green onions and cook for about five to seven minutes.
3. Add the asparagus, broth, lemon juice and salt and reduce the heat to medium low. Simmer until the asparagus turns light green and is just tender. It should only be five to ten minutes.
4. Add the watercress/spinach and the parsley. Stir them into the soup and allow them to warm up.
5. Remove from the heat and serve immediately!