recipe added Mar 3, 2010 8:23:16 PM byJill
Preparation Time1.5 hours
Serves8 slices of quiche
|3/4 cup||yellow onion||diced|
|1/2 cup||goat cheese|
|1 tablespoon||olive oil|
|1||Pie Crust||frozen or home made|
|roughly 3/4 cup||cream|
|2-3 cups||Kale||roughly chopped|
|1/4 pound||bacon||cut into small pieces|
|1/2 cup||cheddar cheese shredded|
1. Add the diced bacon to the olive oil and saute until almost crispy.
2. Add the onions, and continue sauteing until the onions are translucent.
3. Add the kale and about 1/3 cup of water, cover, and let steam until the kale is tender.
4. Stir the cheeses into the sauteed mixture until roughly homogenized. If you don't want to deal with the cheese melting, let the sauteed mixture cool before attempting this step.
5. Add the sauteed mixture with the cheeses to the pie crust and pat down until flat.
6. Stir the eggs into the cream until you have a smooth mixture, then add enough of this mixture to almost (but not quite) completely submerge the kale mixture. There will and should be kale pieces still sticking out of the cream after this step.
7. Bake the quiche at 450 degrees for 20-30 minutes, until lightly golden brown on top. You will want to put the pie tin on a cookie sheet, in case there is any overflow during the baking process.